Manufacturing Engineer I, Esterline Control Systems MASON
Location: Sylmar, CA, USA
The Manufacturing Engineer I will optimize and document all aspects of manufacturing processes by identifying improvement opportunities and applying simpler, faster, cost effective and reliable methods with a data-driven approach.
- Perform root cause and corrective action on parts and processes that are not in control.
- Evaluate new and existing processes to ensure quality and safety of the job.
- Create and maintain detailed manufacturing and process instructions for complex parts and processes.
- Create and maintain travelers and work instructions for new parts and assemblies as well as modifications to existing products.
- Establish time standards.
- Identify new equipment, tool designs, and processes to improve consistency, accuracy, and cycle times.
- Design tooling, fixtures and jigs to improve manufacturing.
- Write and/or contribute subject matter to justify capital equipment purchases.
- Participate in concurrent engineering to ensure new and legacy designs are manufacturable and that optimum processes, equipment, and tools are employed.
- Collaborate with development engineering to successfully transition new products to production. Must have demonstrated abilities through hands-on NPI to production transfer.
- Participate in cost quotation process.
- Champion the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) to measure capability, reduce variability, and overall improve the quality of the product.
- Drive and support Lean Manufacturing techniques in the shop including value stream mapping, cellular manufacturing, set-up time reduction, and overall waste reduction.
- Effectively use all process improvement strategies and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma to minimize waste and maximize economies.
- Execute special manufacturing-related projects as assigned.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Customer Focus Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers. Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance. Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills Possesses the skills to be effective in the job. Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering (Electrical/ Electronics preferred)
- 1-2 years experience with electronic assembly desirable; looking for someone with previous experience with electro-mechanical switches from a design/ manufacturing and testing standpoint; experience with control systems is a huge plus.
- Has worked closely with design engineering, quality engineering and production personnel.
- Must be proficient Solidworks and GD&T. Proficient in all Microsoft Office Applications.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Protected Vet
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: