Amsted Rail - ASF Keystone
Amsted Rail is looking for a hands-on, energetic, Mechanical Engineer to research, implement and apply new technology and applications at its Hammond Indiana Plant. This unique opportunity requires an innovative, self-starting individual to apply their creativity and vision to our manufacturing processes. In addition, the employee will assist with automation of machines relating to manufacturing of products, and reliability of equipment. Applicants must be able to maintain a strong vision for the future and think creatively
- Research innovative inspection methods, new opportunities, and inventive quality control applications for Amsted Rail quality operations.
- Coordinate and design implementation of new inspection methods into initial testing phases and design applicable production uses.
- Create new and innovative documentation procedures for new in-house technologies.
- Create new routines and perform new inspection operations for model-based inspection, utilizing solid models.
- Follow company standards regarding engineering drawings, reference standards and specifications.
- Help maintain quality departmental documentation, supporting both product evaluations and nonconformance reporting.
- Participate in company internal audits, certification audits, and support customer audits as required for quality management system goals
- 4-year Mechanical engineering degree with experience in engineering drawing and/or metrology systems (or equivalent CAD and Creo experience) a must.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Robotic and PLC programming experience a plus.
- Basic blueprint reading skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and SAP experience.
- Strong communication, energy, interaction skills, and creative thinking.
- Proficiency in verbal and written technical communications.
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: