Five New Honeywell Home Products Win Prestigious iF Design Awards For Innovation, User Design
Lyric C1 and C2 Cameras, Whole-House Humidifier, Instant Water Heater and Aqua Touch Desktop Instant-Heating Water Purifier selected from more than 6,400 entries from 54 countries by independent experts
ATLANTA, March 9, 2018 — Honeywell (NYSE:HON), a leader in a broad range of solutions for Connected Homes, today announced that five of the company’s recently introduced products have won 2018 iF Design Awards in recognition of their outstanding innovation and user-focused design.
An independent jury of 63 design experts from 20 countries selected five different home awareness, home comfort and convenience products for 2018 product design awards as part of the iF International Forum (iF) Design competition. The Honeywell products were chosen from a field of more than 6,400 entries from 54 countries based on their innovation, usability, ergonomic design and design quality, as well as aesthetic and emotional appeal.
“Honeywell’s strong design heritage began more than 60 years ago when Henry Dreyfuss designed the original Honeywell T86 Thermostat – the Round as it’s often called,” said Doug Beaudet, vice president, Global Experience Design, Honeywell Home and Building Technologies. “The Round had an elegance that afforded the user an intuitive operation and pleasing aesthetic that fits in with any decor. These new award winning designs carry on that great tradition. Fast-forward more than a century – and thousands of patent and design innovations around the world – and Honeywell is continuing to give our customers elegantly designed products that are worthy of the iF design awards.”
The iF Design Award is among the most prestigious and largest design competitions in the world. Held annually since 1953, the competition attracts thousands of entries to select the world’s best products for their exceptional design.
The Connected Home products that were awarded iF design awards include:
- Honeywell C1 Wi-Fi Camera – for homeowners wanting to keep an eye on their home while they are away, the C1 camera offers 720p HD video at 135-degree wide angle viewing.
- Honeywell C2 Wi-Fi Camera – an enhancement of the C1 camera, this device incorporates sound and motion detection, and offers a futuristic design that blends well into any home decor.
- Honeywell Advanced Electrode Humidifier – a whole-home humidifier that is simple to use by homeowners, and can be installed and serviced quickly by professional heating, ventilation and air conditioner (HVAC) contractors. This patent-pending humidifier is the industry’s only duct-mountable solution, and it’s innovative and versatile design allows it to be installed in very tight quarters.
- Honeywell AquaTouch Desktop Instant-heating Water Purifier – an advanced, reverse osmosis (RO) hot water purifier for consumers in China that provides purified water for feeding newborn babies, cleaning bottles, and is also very useful for instant hot tea. The purifier features a very compact and slim design that saves counter space, and does not require a direct water tap connection, so it can be placed in any room in the home.
- Honeywell Instant Water Heater – a simply designed water heater that accompanies Honeywell’s line of Aqua Touch under-sink water purifiers to give Chinese consumers instant hot water (max. temperature to 95℃). The compact and user-friendly design can fit in small places, is simple to clean and the water temperature is easily adjusted with a front-mounted knob.
For more information on any of Honeywell’s connected home products, visit yourhome.honeywell.com.
About the iF DESIGN AWARD
For 65 years, the iF DESIGN AWARD has been recognized as an arbiter of quality for exceptional design. The iF label is renowned worldwide for outstanding design services, and the iF DESIGN AWARD is one of the most important design prizes in the world. Submissions are awarded in the following disciplines: Product, Packaging, Communication and Service Design/UX, Architecture and Interior Architecture as well as Professional Concept. All awarded entries are featured in the iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE, in the iF design app and are displayed at the iF design exhibition Hamburg.
About Honeywell Home and Building Technologies
Honeywell Home and Building Technologies (HBT) is a global business with more than 38,000 employees worldwide. HBT creates products, software and technologies found in more than 150 million homes and 10 million buildings worldwide. We help homeowners stay connected and in control of their comfort, security and energy use. Commercial building owners and occupants use our technologies to ensure their facilities are safe, energy efficient, sustainable and productive. For more news and information on Honeywell Home and Building Technologies, please visit http://www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 software-industrial company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace and automotive products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes, and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, cars, homes and buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable.