Raytheon initiates more work with Polish defense industry
TEWKSBURY, Mass., Sept. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is partnering with TELDAT to develop and produce advanced militarized routers for the Patriot Air and Missile Defense system. TELDAT engineers and technicians will design, integrate and qualify this key communications networking technology for Patriot. Under the initial contract, the engineering teams from each company can begin design work and trade studies.
“Raytheon looks forward to long and meaningful partnership opportunities with TELDAT. This effort demonstrates our continuous commitment to establish engineering & technology programs in Poland and to collaborate with Polish industry,” said Daniel J Crowley, President, Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems. “In addition, by producing this militarized router, TELDAT will have access to an export market among established users worldwide – an opportunity unique to the Patriot system.”
“We are pleased to expand our cooperation with Raytheon,” said Henryk Kruszynski, Ph.D., CEO of TELDAT Company. “This contract is further proof of our engineering expertise that is leveraged by partners around the world. We think this project is a great start to the tight integration and involvement of TELDAT’s technology solution in the Patriot system.”
Raytheon continues to pursue opportunities with Polish industry in preparation for the WISLA program. The company’s offer for WISLA includes the development with Polish industry of a next generation Patriot solution, which incorporates:
- A new Common Command and Control (CC2) system that offers open architecture & multi-role capability, which builds on and preserves the combat-proven functionality of Patriot and its inherent US/NATO interoperability,
- Introduction of a 360-degree multi-function radar using the latest advanced radar technology to provide unmatched performance, unprecedented operational readiness and the lowest maintenance cost and,
- The potential for integration of a new advanced Low Cost Interceptor (LCI) to further expand Patriot’s ability to simultaneously fire multiple missile types to address the continuously evolving threat spectrum.
Patriot is designed with modular components allowing the system to be continually upgraded and modernized. Today, Patriot is the only combat-proven air and missile defense system, protecting the U.S. and allied forces around the world. Its 12-nation global community, including 5 NATO nations and future Patriot partners offer Poland benefits through system enhancement, training, maintenance, testing, logistics and shared costs.
TELDAT is a Polish business entity, located in Bydgoszcz, which has been dynamically operating in the defense market for 17 years. It is the leading constructor and producer of the world’s most innovative data communications solutions, which are dedicated mostly to security and national defense. Its products (hardware and software) and services have successfully been used and tested in:
- Several hundred garrisons, military units and institutions as well as in military missions overseas in: Afghanistan, Congo, Chad, the Balkans and the Baltic states, in which they facilitated air force assignment completion under the Air Policing mission;
- The most important exercises and trainings (in Europe and USA) carried out by Polish armed forces, NATO and U.S. European Command, e.g. International Interoperability Workshops “Combined Endeavor”, NATO CWID and NATO CWIX and Bold Quest;
- Research and development laboratories, e.g. NATO Communications and Information Agency in Hague and CELAR in France.
Raytheon Company, with 2013 sales of $24 billion and 63,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 92 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
SOURCE Raytheon Company