Agent-based system provides management, optimization and automation for complex metal additive manufacturing processes
Las Vegas, January 5, 2017—CES SANDS 42527— Sculpteo, the leading force in online 3D printing, today announced Agile Metal Technology, an online agent-based system that helps designers and manufacturers analyze and evaluate metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) projects. Metal 3D printing is beginning to make inroads into manufacturing. However metal projects are often excessively costly, time consuming and complicated due to the need for multiple iterations of a part before it can be finalized.
Agile Metal Technology can find and fix problems, automate complex procedures, find “best fit” processes and techniques, offer predictions and recommendations about how to optimize design elements including lattices, supports and post-processing workflows.
“Metal 3D printing offers the possibility of building new parts with complex geometries that are not possible with traditional methods, however getting metal additive manufacturing is a serious challenge,” said Clement Moreau, CEO of Sculpteo. “As the complexity of additive manufacturing grows, it is difficult to get the necessary information to make the project go smoothly. Experts and specific software exist, but they are extremely expensive, and add to production time.”
Sculpteo Agile Metal Technology is comprised of six modules:
- Business Case is the first tool of the suite, and will be unveiled at CES. Business Case is a self-learning AI that evaluates whether a CAD file is optimized for metal additive manufacturing. Business Case helps evaluate appropriate materials, and delivers an approach for cost and time budget for metal AM. Business Case is a decision support and planning tool that takes basic inputs from the user and provides an evaluation of whether AM is an appropriate process for producing the part, and calculates possible risks.
- Design Optimizer provides a deeper analysis of the design compatibility for metal AM, and assess the best way to handle thermic constraints. The tool detects features posing issues, suggests design modifications, evaluates the best printing orientation for the part.
- Lattice Generator helps meet cost and weight reduction goals by recommending a best structural configuration while allowing the user the option to choose a preferred lattice cell design.
- Support Optimizer displays the supports necessary to meet the requirement of the part (tolerance, yield assessment). Expert users will be able to add inputs and restrictions based on the support generated by the Agile Metal Technology platform.
- Post-Processor analyzes the post-processing features and required metrology to meet the project requirements, and evaluate how timeline and budget can be met.
- Batch Controller is a replica of the Sculpteo batch control tool for metal 3D printing technologies.
Sculpteo is a global leader in digital manufacturing based in Paris and San Francisco. The company provides professional online 3D printing and laser cutting services for on-demand production of prototypes, individual products as well as short-run manufacturing. Sculpteo provides access to a wide range of materials, finishes, and techniques, as well as superior optimization tools for file analysis and repair. With factories in Europe and the United States, Sculpteo offers fast turnaround and worldwide delivery. Sculpteo was founded in 2009 by Eric Carreel and Clément Moreau.